Ways to Serve:
- Individuals and/or Groups- Currently, we do not have any opportunities to volunteer as our needs are being fulfilled by others like you.
- Food Teams- All our food team slots are full through June. However, if your faith community is interested in helping serve food once our new facility opens, please contact Chandra Thompson at 817.548.9885 ext 3302 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Becoming a member of PALS (Partners of Arlington Life Shelter)
- To volunteer when the residents are present, volunteers MUST be age 18 or older. This includes food teams serving breakfast or dinner. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our youngest residents.
- To volunteer when residents are NOT present, volunteers must be capable of working under minimal supervision. Any volunteer under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present. Unsupervised children are not allowed. We recommend that very young children not be brought to the shelter while parents are attempting to volunteer.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application and have a background check every two years.
- Volunteers must sign in and out when arriving and leaving, recording hours served. We use this data for many grant applications, and your help in tracking this data is appreciated!
- Volunteers may not take photographs of, or with, residents. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our residents.
Three Simple Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete and print the online volunteer application form, sign and bring with you to the tour of your choice (see next step).
- After you attend a Road Home Tour and submit your application, your background check will be processed.
- After your application process is complete, you will attend a volunteer orientation and be matched to a volunteer position that meets your abilities with our needs.
Mission & Services
To promote self-sufficiency by providing shelter, employment programs, and transitional services for North Texans impacted by homelessness.
Make a Donation
Now more than ever we need your help to continue to fulfill our responsibilities to the men, women and children we serve. We provide keys to success such as food, shelter, health and social services, etc.
To volunteer when the residents are present, volunteers MUST be age 18 or older. This includes food teams serving breakfast or dinner. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our youngest residents.