Individual volunteering opportunities
- Wash and fold shelter linens on Thursday mornings
- Facilities maintenance/housekeeping
- Office support
- Children's Services
- Adult Education Classes
- Adult Services
- Special Projects
As volunteer opportunities arise, volunteers are alerted via email.
CLICK HERE for current opportunities.
Group Volunteering Opportunities
Groups from 2 to 20 are welcome to volunteer at the shelter! From maintenance projects to special events for the residents, the possibilities are endless! Many of these opportunities will require the group to have a small budget for supplies. Examples include:
- Provide a children’s or shelter-wide movie night (with popcorn), game night (with snack) or ice cream sundae party on a Friday or Saturday evening (7:15 - 8:30 p.m.).
- Provide a picnic at the park (one block from shelter) on a Friday or Saturday night (6 p.m.).
- Provide a holiday party for the children.
- Arrange a field trip for the residents
- Building maintenance such as painting a room, replacing carpet, etc.
We are currently looking for groups to complete one or more of the following building maintenance projects. Each of these projects will require the group to have a small budget for supplies.
- Touch up the mural in the laundry room
- Repaint the laundry room floor with grey garage-floor paint
- Repaint the kitchen floor with grey garage-floor paint
- Repaint the pantry floor with grey garage-floor paint
Food teams bring meals to the shelter 365 days a year! Most groups come on a regular schedule, while others fill in as needed. For more information about food teams, see our Food Team page.
Three Simple Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete and print the online volunteer application form, and bring it with you to a Road Home Tour at your convenience.
- After you attend a Road Home Tour and submit your completed application, your background check will be processed.
- After your application process is complete, you will attend a volunteer orientation and be matched to a volunteer position that meets your abilities with our needs.
Mission & Services
To promote self-sufficiency by providing shelter, employment programs, and transitional services for North Texans impacted by homelessness.
Make a Donation
Due to our renovation and expansion we are unable to take any in-kind donations until the shelter reopens in June. Please consider sharing your items with Mission Arlington or another agency whose mission you support. We are so thankful for your support and apologize for any inconvenience.
Path of Kindness
Last call for bricks. If you'd like to show your support for the shelter on our Path of Kindness, please purchase your brick today Deadline is January 15.