Arlington Life Shelter serves individuals and families impacted by homelessness in North Texas.
Emergency Shelter Program
- Emergency shelter services are provided for up to three (3) nights and during periods of extreme cold or heat.
The Employment Program is a comprehensive program designed to help adults get back on their feet and self-sufficient. It can range from a few weeks to several weeks, depending on one's needs and commitment. Additional requirements for the Employment Program:
- Commitment - Program participants must commit to the hard work and possible life changes required by the program as they transition to self-sufficiency.
- Drug Testing - Persons who initially test positive may enter the program by agreeing to participate in drug treatment.
- Mental Health - Disorders must be controllable with medication and counseling.
Educational and Lifeskill Services
- Adults complete 36 hours of educational classes.
- Children and teens receive 90 hours of tutoring and computer instruction.
- Residents challenged by addiction complete 27 hours of education and support group meetings.
Job Readiness and Coaching
- Individualized education and coaching services assist residents in securing and maintaining employment.
- Medical, vision, dental and immunization clinics are provided on a regular basis.
Social Work Services
- Personalized direction and support are provided for residents in overcoming barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Assistance with child care including after-school care.
Mission & Services
To promote self-sufficiency by providing shelter, employment programs, and transitional services for North Texans impacted by homelessness.
Make a Donation
Now more than ever we need your help to continue to fulfill our responsibilities to the men, women and children we serve. We provide keys to success such as food, shelter, health and social services, etc.
To volunteer when the residents are present, volunteers MUST be age 18 or older. This includes food teams serving breakfast or dinner. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our youngest residents.